View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
SoberLife2014

Hi moms,

I'm feeling a lot better today. I didn't have any headaches, thank goodness. I really think that it's a hormone related thing. I'm having to pay a little more attention to that now because I didn't have very bad PMS symptoms before I had a baby/ IUD. So now I sometimes catch myself not really feeling myself and I have to stop and think it might be hormone related before I react too quickly. That includes craving alcohol.

Things have been going well here lately. I've really been working on being more tolerant and understanding of my husband and it's paying off. I try to put myself in his shoes and see things from his side. I praise him and shower him in genuine appreciation. In turn, he has done a lot to help me out lately.

Sometimes it's really hard though. The hardest thing I've had to try to deal with is what I'll tolerate and what I won't and how I'll handle certain situations. For example, my husband had another road rage incident today and it was unacceptable to me. He puts me and my baby at risk when he lets his road rage take over him. I knew that lashing out at him in anger (which is what I wanted to do) probably wouldn't help the situation. So, I somewhat calmly said "please don't do that". But he doesn't hear me, or what's worse, it sometimes fuels the fire. I know I won't be able to change him. Only he can control that road rage. He knows I don't like it. He knows it isn't safe. We've talked about it before. But he really lets it get to him. He's angry at the people around him. He's even angry at the engineer that designed the roads. What's worse is he sometimes feels the need to "teach people a lesson". So what do I do? Not drive anywhere with him? I offer to drive sometimes but he won't let me.

Other than that I'm finding a new appreciation for him. I think he has a really good heart. He isn't perfect, but I wouldn't want him that way. I'm certainly not perfect either.

On another more somber note. My favorite NASCAR driver accidentally killed another driver last night. Well, I think he accidentally killed him (**% sure), but only he knows that. What a bummer. I've met this guy in person and he seemed like a nice guy. He signed my hat and my jacket. But it goes to show you how quickly things can happen.

Busy week ahead. On Tuesday I'm going over to the house of the lady who may be babysitting my son to inspect it. I still need to call her references. I agreed to babysit my friend's 7 month old daughter on Wednesday. Then maybe a playdate on Thursday or Friday. Thursday might be the first day I take my son to the new babysitter (yikes!).

I'll be checking on here occasionally and I hope everyone is well. Take care ladies!