View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

Anvilhead, let me assure you. I know how to put my big girl panties on.

I'm not whimpering, or whining, or crying out of turn.

i'm sorry that was your interpretation of my (cough cough) wisdom...I never once thought you were whimpering or simpering or feeling sorry for yourself! only that your estranged husband just isn't CAPABLE of holding a true conversation about anything of any merit.

I love the oldtime saying "save your breath to cool your soup" - you could write a letter, nail it to a 2x4 and whack him over the head and the "message" would penetrate no farther than your words. it's frustrating as HELL.....you spent 25 (ish) YEARS with this man and it turns out he doesn't even speak your language.

your relationship with your daughter sounds lovely. just yesterday my 31 yr old "baby girl" and I went to the Mariners game to see Sweet Lou inducted into the M's Hall of Fame. and we had the best time. we met up at 2:30 and got back to our cars at 10:30 pm. we teared up during Lou's speech while the crowd thundered LOUUUUUUUU, we laughed at the funny anecdotes, we both picked the green boat for the hydro race, got our fill of nitrates, shared nachos with white cheese that she said she never would have tried on her own and thanked me for opening her mind! we ragged about our partners inabilities to manage housework, she shared new money saving app with me..........she even snuggled her head on my shoulder later in the evening when she got tired. I don't care WHAT else has happened in my life, what heartaches or setback, imperfect choices or disappointments, my relationship with her is today a crowning achievement.