Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
johnnybsober

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I used to wake up every single morning with this pit in my stomach. As soon as my eyes opened I was desperately trying to piece together the night before. Who had I called? What had I said? What had I done? Were the kids ok? Mind racing, feeling either still drunk or so sick...sometimes I could remember some things, sometimes nothing. God it was awful. Sadly, I had grown so accustomed to it the feeling became "normal". The pit stayed with me after awakening, so heavy it was immobilizing at times. It only went away with klonopin or booze or both. Of course there it was again every morning though.

After I quit, that pit in my stomach was gone. Completely gone. I didn't even realize how sh!tty I felt all the time until after I quit. The contrast was startling. I cannot describe the freedom!

That was the first change I noticed. It's only gotten better since then.

Trach...I LOVE that song. I had the vinyl. Yeah, I knew you wouldn't have busted out the Bowie right away.

Me too. Every morning saying "morning honey" to my wife and hoping that I hadn't done something stupid the night before.

So over being black out drunk!