Old 08-09-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Finally! My normal 5 hour ride was 7:20 nonstop. Everything unloaded and unpacked. Cat boxes cleaned. House is settled and I am safely back where I belong.

I made it through by the skin of my teeth. It was not easy and I have successfully reopened wounds that perhaps were never closed to begin with. Certainly not healed in any way. So I have plenty to sift over the coming weeks.

It puts me in a situation I need to be very careful. I am struggling with just about everything.

Lesson learned from this....

Just because you can out your head in the lions mouth does not mean you are brave.... It means you are stupid.

Let me unwind a bit and catch up on all the happening with you fine sober people.

Side note... While the lobster rolls were super tasty New Yorkers cannot make a lobster roll even with explicit instructions..... They never had a real one so they just didn't know. Everyone had an awesome time. I was even dancing a bit. Of course I got all the let me buy you a shot but I stuck to script. Oh thanks... But no thanks.... I leave to come back in a few hours and need to be sharp for driving that far. The evening was more about the visit than the drinking. A real mix of people. I served about 40 lobster rolls and everyone was thankful and cheerful.

Time to rest.