View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Wendy - I'm totally down with doing a brief share here on SR if you'd like. If no one else in interested we could just take it to PM & off the forum.... or if the Mods feel like this belongs in a different forum we could move it.

HWC - that's what I feared about HAVING to share - I think if we did it here we could be judicious & accept that with all of our CRAZY busy lives there's no penalty for missing daily check-ins.

I'm happy to hear that others have had positive experiences with this! I am going to use a special section of my journal to record the 100 days in succession without being interrupted by other journaling.

I thought about when to start & then thought - why does this need to be a thought/decision? LET GO FOR GOD'S SAKE & JUST DO IT!

It was not the easiest day, stress-wise, but sometimes that's when my HP jumps up & bites me with obvious signs so that I can get back on my path. Quite a few great things happened today, despite my stressed-out state:

1. My reiki center/healer makes me so happy. When I dropped DD for lessons this morning she noticed I was *off* & insisted on giving me a free healing treatment after class. It was such an amazing gift & I felt TONS better almost immediately. She has become a true friend & guide on my recovery path.

2. DD & I spent the day shopping for back to school & she was met with some really big challenges. But, she let her Inner Warrior Child shine through & tackled those hurdles amazingly & in a way that let me see how my own behavior/decision making impacted how she handled it. At one point she even verbalized it, "....well, I learned from you Mom, that...." ... my heart grew just a little more, I swear.

3. My good friend has spent a lot of time with DD this summer & sent me a beautiful text about how much she enjoyed the time, was flattered that DD had (apparently) specifically thanked her for making her summer great, etc. She was very complimentary to DD & I both & it was so incredible of her to take the time to make my day brighter. It was like, 20 words, tops. Made my day, totally.

I hope every one of you found something that made you happy today, no matter how big or small!!!!