Old 08-09-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
scintillady

I had 74 days sober on antabuse. Didn't take it every day because I was doing so much better and decided that enough of it would still be in my system even if I only took it a couple times a week. Don't like the fact that all meds have some side effects so I figured I'd minimize them by not taking so much of it but still having it in my system. Hadn't taken any in 7 or 8 days and I thought I was all set, that I was strong enough to do it on my own. Then I had a terrible weekend, crying all weekend, etc. No real concrete reason, just a lot of little things and the fact that I have major depressive disorder and am not on any meds right now. Drank a little bit and didn't notice anything except maybe a slight flushing in my face. Drank the next 2 days, wallowing in my depression and berating myself for the fact that I had 74 days and threw it all away. Took a day off from work for a mental health day. The good news is that I realized that the wine didn't help anything and even made me feel worse, and that as soon as I could I got right back on the antabuse and will continue to take it every day for awhile and then at least every other day, probably for the rest of my life if I have to. It wasn't worth it and I've learned my lesson.