Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Morning folks. Ladyblue & Ruby - oh my gosh, that is exactly part of the reason I was so irritated at my old job. Those 9-5 hours got in the way of my drinking, big time! In my case, I actually quit my job...just walked out the door and started drinking full time. I squandered a lot of valuable things to feed my addiction. But it's never too late to get sober and turn things around, glad to see so many here this weekend doing just that.

Glad to be sober down Guatemala way this morning. Got up at 6.30 and had coffee up on the terrace. Always a beautiful morning view. Then I went to the big Saturday market, I came home with backpacks full of fruits and veggies, and immediately made myself a pineapple-banana smoothie for breakfast. For lunch I'll do rice and beans and a huge salad. This evening I might dine at a restaurant, as I may attend an art gallery opening afterwards. I am starting to discover that "life after dark" isn't completely off limits for me anymore. I've been cautiously exploring the evening scene for the first time in 2+ years of sobriety and it's not nearly as scary as I'd expected. Probably helps to be in a new environment where I don't have alcohol-driven memories intruding everywhere.