Old 08-09-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Good morning everyone! I went to bed early and slept in. I'm in a remarkably better frame of mind this morning. Getting enough sleep is one thing I've been neglecting and it makes a difference.

Ladyinblue, your description of the irritation and aggravation at work because it was interfering with drinking was spot on for me. Thank you for that reminder. I still get annoyed and irritated with things in general but see lack of sleep above.

Weasel, glad your guests arrived safe and sound. Bacon for all!

Bears, Vikings, Packers, Jets. Well, I did live in Minnesota for twelve years and went to college in Wisconsin so I root for everyone. My dad switched allegiance to the Jets years ago for some obscure reason. He may not be an alcoholic but he carries resentments like one at times. And yes, football apathetic. I saw those Eagles buses and wondered if I'd see Vick, not realizing he went to the Jets.

And Kevin made me think of something. We are a tribe of folk with different backgrounds and common goal - People of the sober Way.

The photos of Sydney and whale watching are spectacular. Thanks for sharing your morning walk with us.

Daughter woke up. Sleeping later for me means abbreviated quiet time. She saw a shirt at Walmart yesterday while there with Daddy that was "adorable" and has kittens on it and she hasn't stopped asking about it since my mother dropped her off last night. Paused only by sleeping,she awoke talking non stop about the shirt. I am too indulgent but will probably get it. I have to get her school supplies anyway so may as well.

Time to get ready.

Oh, Kevin, I second Fandy's suggestion of Craig's list for a washer or if you have a local paper, or grocery store that has a "for sale" board by the entrance. I got my washer for free from a neighbor of my parents who was clearing out his Dad's stuff. I'm going to check out Craig's list for a dishwasher.