Old 08-09-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
ForgetfulKevin

Good morning, People of the Sober Way!

Went to bed early and exhausted (and sober) yesterday. Up early and had some breakfast. Iced tea next.

About halfway through Rational Recovery and it seems like a worthwhile read. Chapter 4 was a long slog (for me), but the following chapters get back to more useful and practical ideas. First thing on my reading list this morning.

Been stressed re: washing machine breaking down and needing more money than I can manage. Cost of repairs are most of the cost of a new machine. Going to a trusted store today to see whether I can buy one (maybe used) on installment plan.

I keep telling myself I can make do somehow, whether it's going to the nearby laundromat for a few months or getting myself a washtub and manual wringer (dryer still works). It's not like I have to dodge bullets, bombs and Ebola to get my laundry done. Still a little too much to deal with. I don't want to be bothered. Dealing with it anyway.

I should watch an Endeavour or two this weekend (and do a crossword puzzle! I bought an NY Times collection with little intros to the puzzles last weekend).

Hoping everyone has a fun or at least tolerable Sober Weekend!