View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

i kow it's tough, but you're tougher. or you will PRETEND to be til you truly are!

do you REALLY want him home? the man who walked out on you? obviously i have a bias here, but it seems to me that if lets say by some miracle he does decide to quit the booze FOR GOOD and get's with the program and you let him waltz back in - isn't that kind of....i don't know...giving a vote of approval or consent to what he did?

this is more rhetorical i think....when my first ex left - i was 24? 25? with a baby on my shoulder. and from the moment he drove off with that laundry basket full of clothes, there was no way on God's green earth he was ever coming back. not that he did a whole lot of begging....but i do recall a few months later, by this time i'm living in my mom's basement, quit my job (we worked together), etc and he and i are talking, probalby arranging kid stuff, and he said...ya know tess, sometimes i just want to call you to come get me cuz i think i made a big mistake. mind you by this time he's living with MY former best friend. and i sighed and said, sorry, it's too late.