View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Smile 100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

I don't even remember how I found this info - it started with one google search that morphed & morphed with each click further from my original search phrase, so I have *no clue*.

But it's intriguing to me because it's as about approaching happiness from the simple side - just noticing something each day & taking a pic of that "thing" to share. A moment of gratitude captured visually.

This social program has it's own site at http://100happydays.com/ .

Here's a news story that outlines how it originated etc:

#100happydays: The story behind the social phenomenon - News - TODAY.com

It appeals to me because it sounds like an easy way to "retrain" my brain to see things positively..... it sounds like for many, while it starts out as a bit of work to remember to notice happiness around you, eventually you notice a perspective shift & start to naturally incline yourself toward the positive more easily.

And I think it will be really cool to look back through 100 pics in a slideshow at the end & remember all the ways those little things brought happiness into my world in some way. I think it would make a great addition to my recovery work at this point.

I'm not interested in officially joining the site or posting my biz for the world to see (esp any pics of DD or my family, etc.) but I like the idea of being accountable to a photo-journal of sorts. My camera's memory card holds hundreds of pics, so carrying it around for 100 days is not a huge hardship.

PLUS I intend to make those canvas photos that hopeful4 shared last year around the holidays (we were swapping homemade gift ideas). I want to make them for my mom, sister & BFF & have been trying to get some candid shots of all the kids that they won't even know about until after I get them framed..... so maybe 2 birds, 1 stone at times if I keep my camera at the ready with this challenge.

Just thought I'd share!