View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
while i love music, one of my things i had to stop doing was listening to music and letting my head drift off into fantasy.
for me nothing beat a good night in with sad music to listen to and to cry to with a good drink in my hand
so i leave the music behind these days as i can still listen to songs and end up dreaming again, so for me its like a trigger for me to wallow in self pitty hence i can not do that anymore
dont know if others are the same on here ? but i do know when i mention it in aa meetings people end up laughing as they to used to do the same thing. and they dont do it anymore either.
Music is what you make it. My tastes are changing with sobriety, but music can be inspirational, not just something in which to wallow. Music's purposes are malleable and varied...

Here's a live performance (some strong language) from one of my favorite songwriters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jIQC0AH0HU He wrote the first song (Two Balloons) in rehab about twenty years ago. Long live recovering junkies!!!