Thread: What fits here?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
amy55

Originally Posted by TexasAngel8 View Post
I've been watching your replies (thank you!!), and I've also been thinking a lot. I don't know if it fits yet, but I'm toying with the idea that it's a way to have a relationship yet avoid true intimacy. I mean, the idea of intimacy sounds fabulous in theory, but in trying to look at myself and see if that's really something I'm good at wanting, I kind of think maybe it's not. I kind of feel like a shell of a person with zero substance behind my constant smile. So maybe I worry that there's nothing behind it and pick a partner who can't provide true intimacy. Anyone have similar thoughts??

Ummm, yep, raising my hand here. I was so hurt in my marriage that i don't want intimacy anymore. I want the rest of it, I just don't want to love anymore. Love hurts. I had a "friend with benefits", it turned sour because he wanted more, I didn't. (We would have killed each other)

I lived with a lot of hurt in my life and I went that way, that if I didn't love, then I wouldn't hurt.

I'm starting to get past this because I think I want to learn to trust again, yes, there can be hurt there also, but at least I tried.