Thread: Memory blackout
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
SoberHoopsFan

Originally Posted by lillyknitting View Post
Anyone out there suffer complete blackout through drinking? Talking to my daughter this evening and for the first time she was telling me how abusive I was in drink. How I'd come home completely smashed, then an argument would ensue, that is, if anyone was still up, with me erupting in a massive screaming, hurl of abuse!!! I think I've done this in the past, on the phone to my husband but have complete memory blackout. I find this very, very frightening. They say murders can occur under the influence and the person know absolutely nothing about it! That being the case, one could drive home drunk, kill someone, and know absolutely nothing about it!!!! Really scary stuff.

Ps: this is so out of character for me that my friends would never believe it.
Blackouts are frightening. Sadly, I've probably lost at least portions of my night hundreds of times. But I've probably had 6+ hour blackouts at least 20-25 times too, and these scared me half to death. I've done all manner of crazy things during them, woke up in different cities/towns, with people I didn't know, in public either outside or inside, in a jail cell, driven, gotten into arguments/fights, etc. This is why I can never drink again. Quit too and you won't have to worry about your blackouts becoming some of the nightmares that many of us have had.