View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Noolan

H&N-Work can be a great distraction from your AV. Also hats off for balancing a work/family life. I'm single and have struggled just keeping myself in line, so kudos.

Rachelle- Welcome back! I cannot imagine getting sober under those conditions, I'm at my weakest in times of withdrawal and likely wouldn't have even attempted to completely abstain. Keep it up.

JL2014- "Heard Dat", i.e. I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Day 54 in the books. Work has been kicking my butt this week. I've had to cover a co-worker who is out, which has translated to double the work. Last night I was so tired, I read/liked all your posts, but I couldn't muster the energy to post.

The previous night I went to an amazing show by the singer Jenny Lewis. This led to less than 5 hours of sleep and then an intense work day. The show however was amazing; it also was a break through. During some of my other sober breaks, I went and enjoyed the music, but there was part of me conscious to all the booze around me. While it's obvious the majority of the crowd was drinking, Ms. Lewis was my drug. She reminded me of why I started to go concerts to being with way back when. Alcohol numbs these feelings for me and I don't feel the things I felt Monday drunk. Let's be honest, I drink to excess and once my drink is gone, I'm back to the bar to get my next fix. The whole reason I came falls to bathroom and booze runs.

So the show was amazing and I had a very pretty, but highly intoxicated girl next to me. She quickly lost her charm and I wondered how often someone had that opinion of wasted me. Alas, I'm not on any sober high horse. I just smiled and danced/swayed my way around/away from her.

The climax and high of the show was when she did a song Acid Tongue. It hits home regarding my recovery and everything I've felt during all of this.

"To be lonely is a habit
Like smoking or taking drugs
And I've quit them both
But man, was it rough"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XajpuQliptc

Stay strong kids.