Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by Clutch B View Post
He shared in a meeting last night ...
A piece of unsolicited advice...

If you don't already go to separate meetings, start doing it. You can attend together but try and remember when he speaks he is an AA member in recovery, not your husband.

What is said there, stays there and that can sometimes mean even for the husband and wife.

Originally Posted by Clutch B View Post
I'll have 9 months sober on Wednesday. I haven't even told him. It's a stupid little accomplishment compared to his 25 years of absolute perfection.
NO! Your nine months are important. Do not rob yourself of your accomplishment and do not let him do it either.

Do not compare programs. Work yours and let him work his. That is the only way it can work. What works for him may not work for you and visa versa. Stick to your side of the street.

He may be a jerk and he may or may not be working the AA program but that is none of your concern. If you can, keep discussions about your relationship on the relationship and not how each other is working their program or how either of you behave in an AA meeting.

Program, AA or not, should remain separate and I know that is hard to do. Throwing around AA material in the middle of a relationship discussion only equals my program is better than yours accusations. Trust me, I learned the hard way not to do this.