View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
desypete

i always stay out of medical conditions as i am no dr

however i have problems with my own behaviour such as anger and trying to get my own way all the time and controling people etc that my only way to deal with it daily is to work the aa way of life into my own life
letting go of things
seeing things as they really are and not what i think they are
its quite a shock to find out that my thinking has been wrong for most of my life if not all of my life

thats why i know for me alcoholism is a mental illness
the ism part is what i have to adress daily and try to be rid of and for me i have to practice at it
just like a professional golfer needs to practice daily to stay up at the top i need to practice daily just to try to be normal thinking in my mind

in time it gets easy as i learn the new tricks and they become part of my new nature such as helping others instead of sitting there feeling sorry about me and wanting the whole world to do something for me

its a hard way to live for a cry baby like me, i will look for easyer ways of trying not to be responsible for me
even with all the practice in the world i can still have a bad day but so long as i dont pick up that first drink i am ok

so i dont know how this fits in with bipolar and like i say i am not a dr but for me i dont believe any medication will take away my thinking and thats my problem

can you describe what bi polar is ? as i dont understand it really thanks