View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NYyogini

what should I do??

Hi everyone, I am new to the Forum. I am hoping to get some help from you all. Not too long ago I became friendly with my neighbor who is in "recovery" for heroin. However, I am fairly certain that he is now using heroin. I don't want to see him doing this and I know he doesn't want to be doing this BC he told me in a very intense emotional conversation. One of the last times we were together he told me he needed to get Suboxone and I was completely shocked. I had no idea what it was but he assured me that it was the right thing for him BC his cravings were so strong. I figured that he must have already had a lapse though he didn't say so, he just said he didn't want to go back to where he was. He was sober for 5 years, relapsed and told me he had been sober for 4 months. Truth is, I have a crush on him and had to put some distance there BC I wasn't sure it was mutual and knew it wasn't appropriate for his recovery. I say hi when I see him. Which is rarely. I think he is sleeping all of the time and not lately he has shady characters coming around and he is leaving at all hours if the night. I know he told me before that he appreciated my support but when he started to become "overwhelmed" I decided to give him his space. Should I confront him? I would like to let him know that I am there to help him get clean but I am sure he already knows I am there for him, even if I have cooled things off between us. I care about him so much. I hate to see anyone do this to themselves. If I should say something, what do I day and what is the best way to go about it?