View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
schnappi99

I could see a 2 months starter amends, particularly if theres something recent & hot- if theres a lot to make amends for I would tend to view that as the first of many. If it is just a starter an encouraging response would probably be helpful- OTOH if its just 2 months in and he feels this is all he needs to do then I'd be kind of dubious about the long-term recovery.

I've made a starter amend to my RAW, there are more to come after I work thru the 4th step for my first go-around- I've acted out codie drama pretty often thru our marriage so theres a lot to attend to- can't do it all at once since this stuff goes so deep and I have to understand what I've done before I can apologize for it.

All that said theres a woman in my alanon home group w/ her husband coming up on 1 year sober, apparently he's gone thru the 10th step- she is wondering "what about me?" which I totally get- she had to deal with the usual helpings of grief and pain. On one hand she feels owed on the other clearly his amends are his business... Maybe he's still working on formulating it and getting to a place where he's meaning what he says and saying what he means... perhaps, truly more will be revealed and she's working on her business in alanon anyhow.