Old 08-03-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FT

Dear weed smokers:

How long did it take after quitting weed entirely for you to start having the ability to enjoy ANYTHING again?

I've tried to research weed detox and there is very little useful information out there. I have a family member whose life has been destroyed by weed. Dropped out of college 15 years ago after smoking weed the previous 10 years, and for the past 15 years has been depressed and anxious, even while smoking weed. I recognize that some of this can be depression self medicated by weed, but this person can't seem to find peace without it. He has been diagnosed bipolar, but I don't think that's his problem. The drugs used to treat it make him far worse, so he's off those.

Now, he is depressed, paranoid, and intensely unhappy. He dropped all his friends from the past when this all started, and he has ruined several relationships because of the weed. So now he is alone, too.

I want to be able to tell him how long it takes to even BEGIN to feel better, free of weed. Yes, he's been to the doctor and even a shrink, but nobody seems to be able to help him. He's a complex guy, truly wonderful person, and a talented musician. The weed is the "black hole" in his personality, or at least the form it takes. He quit weed about 4 months ago but relapsed a few days last week. I knew it when he disappeared off the radar for a few days, because that's been his pattern.

I want to help him. I know how to help myself. Please don't tell me to go to F&F here, nobody on there is talking about this particular drug. I just want to know from the weed smokers out there, some real world experience about how you figured out how to quit and how long it took to start the road back to feeling normal.