View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Gronk

OK, please feel free to disregard everything I am about to write, just throwing this out there

Lots of good advice, you are looking for a to do list for getting through the day. How to deal with this right now.

(I will repeat some of the advice, as it seems very good to me, for me...perhaps you as well)

If it hurts so bad to think about it, don't think yet. How do you not dwell? Keep busy, with anything. Make a checklist of things you are going to do today. Right now. Not necessarily great things you are going to accomplish, just "things I am going to do while awake today" list. Including if I may borrow, watching TV from 10-12, eating lunch (pick something to eat now and write it down), a short walk around the neighborhood, stopping on that walk to draw one thing (even if it is terrible and takes 5 minutes), stopping at the library and looking at the (whatever) section of books, grabbing a coffee (read the paper while drinking your coffee), walking back home, researching a topic online for 30 minutes (like.......i dunno, look up zoos and make a list of ten zoos you'd like to, recommend someone to visit), eating dinner, is there a desert?, what is on TV tonight?, bedtime ritual? and have checkboxes for all, and make big checks when each is completed. Wunderlist is a great free list making app for your phone. Easy to make lists and check things off.

Anyway, please ignore if this is just silly