View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberjuly

Why don't you try the spicy tomato juice? That's pretty tasty. A good book. If you can listen to music that is also helpful. Or a book on tape. Distract yourself until you don't need to, until not drinking is your new habit.

The flight attendants shouldn't allow you to drink yourself into oblivion. I used to be a flight attendant and I cut people off many times. First, they usually start watering your drinks down if they feel you've had too much. Another trick is to make the drink extra strong so the PAX would fall asleep. They would be cut off with one FA and go to another galley to get it from another FA. Must not have realized we have phones and would just call down, see the guy heading towards you? yeah, NO alcohol...lol.

Then we'd get to Amsterdam and be pouring screwdrivers on the crew bus. Believe it or not, I wasn't a drinker then. It was all around me and I had no interest, it just wasn't something I cared to do.

Just because it's all around you, you can find the strength to resist.

Ok, if I don't get off this message board I'm gonna be in divorce court, lol, not really but my husband is feeling ignored.

Good luck and be strong!