View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angel1555

Damn, I almost had a glass of wine.

I have a big project that I have just not been able to get started on. I have an absolute deadline that I must meet but I have just been immobilized-totally stuck. As I am really running out of time I forced myself to get started today. Once I got going it started humming along and I got a lot accomplished, and most importantly I broke through being stuck. I felt so good, and excited, almost high.

I called a friend and asked her to join me for a quick dinner. We decided on my favorite Italian restaurant and all I could think about was to "reward" myself for such a good day with a glass of wine. A glass of their house Chardonnay that is quite tasty, affordable and a generous pour. Just one. I do think I would have been able to stop at one, but that's not the point. So, it turns out they couldn't seat us so we went to a Mexican restaurant. I don't feel the same way about a margarita or a beer as I did about that glass of wine, so the pressure was off. But jeez. That was close. I really had myself talked into it being ok to have a drink tonight.