View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ananda

ok .. the dr is on board. A script for my mom to administer during the first 4 day. Then an appointment to see him on day 4...but I can go in tomorrow or Friday if I'm struggling. (they have endless patience)

I'm working to get the counseling and psyc stuff set up... made two phone calls and even though it isn't in place yet .... I've committed and it should work out in the next couple of days (it takes so long to get through all the red tape )

If things get too bad I'll have to take time off this week, but the plan is to do the detox on Friday at 5pm.

well that's enough of me.

Honestly I looked at some of my old stuff here and I always believed it was hope that gets you to be sober, not consequences. It's probably a mix of both, but without hope it doesn't work (the belief you can re-write the ending). I'm still scared and stuff ... but I do have more hope that I can do this in a more permanent way right now.

Part of this journey is that my Dr. and I will discuss the medicine I took and did well on to gain and keep sobriety last year. Additionally we will work on the temporary and long term medical issues, and I will have a psych help figure out if there are other meds that really are needed to allow me to sleep and not stress as I work through the therapy and long term plan.

Rambling ....

I'll check in later this week.

Nands