View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
amy55

I have known this guy for a few years, actually first time I met him I thought he would run for his life from me. My friends that I lived with were having a party. My ex had just called me, I think it was re: the sale of our house. So after fighting with him on the phone for about 5 mins, I walked into the house, just saw my friend, and let out a big UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH. Said I'll tell you later, that I just wanted to play pool then. So this guy walks in and says I'll play pool with you.(very innocently). My friends just laughed, and said you don't know what you are getting yourself into. (They knew the mood I was in). They told him that I was going to kick his @ss in pool, and that he should keep his eye on my stick at all times!!!!!!!

I did win all 3 games!!!!!! (lol). We talked a lot that day, and I wasn't thinking of him romantically, so I probably told him too much about me, and the horrific abusive marriage that I had. So he knows this.

I saw him a few more times and we were just cordial, but he wouldn't play pool with me anymore.

Then I ran into him a few weeks ago. He asked me for my phone number and if I would like to just get a pizza someday with him. I agreed.

Then I got crazy with my expectation of wanting him to call me so that he will know that I got home safely. I know that this is all my expectations, I knew it right after I lashed out about it. It's one of my "triggers". I live alone, and I just want someone to know that I didn't die on the road on my way home. It is what it is.

We did take a hike, and then found a large rock by the lake and just talked for about 2 hours. I told him that I was completely out of line with getting upset about that, that it is a trigger to me, and he told me that he wanted to call me that night to make sure I got home safely, but thought that he might be crowding me. He told me if that makes me feel better, then he really would want to do that for me.

We started to talk about relationships, and I did tell him that this is all new to me, and I wasn't sure if I was ready yet, because I do have those triggers. He suggested we take things slow, go out once a week or so, get to know each other, that if I get a trigger to let him know, and we'll talk about it, and work things out. Also if things work out between us for a relationship, that's great, if not, at least we are friend that can do things together.

He did call me to make sure I got home safely.

So next week perhaps a movie.

Does anyone see any red flags in here, other then it being me? (lol)

Thank you for all of your encouragement. I was thinking about calling it off.