View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
21reeves

Hi Ladies,
It's funny how things ebb and flow with spouses. We also go from being really tight and on the same page to feeling like we are room mates. I sometimes joke with my husband about labeling his shelf in the fridge like college. He loves that.

I think the most important thing to remember in any kind of healing is there will be a few steps forward and some steps back. If we all took on a healthy change and moved forward without issue, we would all be super healthy emotionally. There is a reason we all abuse alcohol. We are numbing/self medicating because of something. Allowing ourselves to be in the moment and feel the discomfort during those steps back is what will get us to the next place in our healing. It's when we start to feel the discomfort that we turn to something to make it all feel better or numb it, that's when we don't move on. Then the cycle continues. Hopefully, that when we practice this, and succeed with the knowing that nothing bad happens (other than the feeling) that we start gaining power. Now, I just have to figure out how to do it.

I'm thinking about eliminating sugar from my diet. I have totally gone from tons of wine sugar to every other kind of sugar. I was giving myself a break in the beginning because I felt like I needed to replace wine with something else, however, it's been 43 days and it might be time to get real. I also don't want to be extreme with things because that's my addictive personality talking and I can be one of those people that gets hyper-focused on something but can't sustain it. I hate not knowing what is "right" or how to get there.

I'm hoping today brings you all a little sense of peace!