Old 07-30-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by jsprplc2006 View Post
However, I'm a very scientific minded person, and I disagree with many aspects of how "12 step programs" are structured, and the only thing that will change my mind about these programs is cold, hard evidence.
If I needed hard evidence for all the programs I am doing, I would still be drinking. Programs are just that, they are just programs. Until I wanted to actually stop drinking, none of these programs were going to work. I use these programs as tools.

I use to be like that I needed everything all wrapped up neat and tidy and had to make sense to me. I needed it presented to me that way because I wasn't ready to quit drinking. But I am just speaking for me here.

Some parts of the programs make sense to me and some don't. The parts that do, I focus on them and I table the ones that don't for later.

I don't get caught up in all the studies or needing "proof" that something works. That just makes it complicated to me, and that, I don't need. Just because they don't work for others, doesn't mean they won't work for me.

There are so many different programs out there now and you can do more than one at a time. I do WFS, AA, and Smart sometimes. Do I do them exactly the way they say I have to? Probably not, but I do my best to take the programs and find a way that makes them work for me.