Thread: Devestated
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ruby2

I think that the trip to Bali sounds fantastic! You must be very special to your employer that you are given the trip. The time away will give you time to relax, regroup and reflect. Reflect on why you would accept such shabby treatment that you in no way deserve. Reflect on the blessings you do have which is that you are valued so highly. You can think about what to do when you get back and how to deal with the people in the pub. If they are true friends you can meet them elsewhere.

If he thinks that all the "hot gorgeous chicks" are eying him then he is being silly unless he is a brad Pitt or Johnny depp clone. Those two are fifty so fifty can be hot. It sounds as if your ex might be trying to boost his own ego and cover his own insecurities by knocking you down and that isn't loving or fair. It's mean, cruel and insensitive. Go and enjoy your trip!

A long time ago when things were going dreadfully wrong in my first marriage I took off by myself for a week to the Florida keys and had a fantastic time, alone. I did some thinking, I proved to myself that I could have fun by myself and generally did the things I wanted to do, when I wanted to. You can too!