Thread: I am an idiot
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

I feel like I have hit a dead end with my life. I have no job, no life, and some days leaving the house and having a shower is too much to handle.
it was at about that point in my sobriety that things started to turn around and in simlier time frame as yours 6 or 7 months. I started to toss my hands in the air about all the things that made me feel bad. I basicly gave up on all my problems I new drinking wasnt an option so I decided F it to all my issues too i couldnt take it any longer the constant anxiety etc... and ya know as I let go of things 1 by 1 things started to get resolved and get better. I was also less stressed by them etc..

Dont beat yourself up over 1 drink and dont give up before it turns around for you. You dont know what tommorrow holds dont throw it away by giving into alcohol or giving up etc.. dont allow it to ruin your today either.

I hit a point in sobriety that I had solved a lot of probems as well. but i still had a few biggies. I recall the day very clearly. I was out for a run pleaing with my higher power about how far i had come how well i had done but how come i couldnt get these last monkeys off my back. I finally said then and there I give up i'm not going to deal with these problems there too big for me and I dont have the resources to resolve them. shortly there after my solutions came and the problems got solved.

my lifes still not perfect but I'm getting better accepting that its not going to be. if life was perfect my god would we all be bored to tears!