Thread: I am an idiot
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jdooner

I don't look at any of my expereinces as mistakes. While they can be painful to go through at that moment, they have all taught me valuable lessons to get me where I am at today. This sip of wine may have had a greater purprose for you to gain clarity of your situation. I would not have more mind you but perhaps its for a reason to provide greater resolve?

I am not seeing excuses as much of addictive behavior and mindset. I used to think my happiness was in my relationship with my partner. Or in the bottle. Or in the drug. Honestly, it was temporary. Those things provided a coping mechansim to escape and get temporary relief from life. But none were sustainable because when they wore off as they all did I was left with my hole, my empty soul...these external things always left me empyt because I was chasing a hugnry ghost, my addictions.

Recovery has taught me that I needed to find a way to fill the void inside me and so I needed a program that could address my mental, physical and spiritual health. I had never worked on the last one ever and for me it was the missing piece. Many may not see this need for them and that fine, but that is what worked for me.