View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blaine01

Really want to stop

Hows it going guys. Just found this forum and thought it would be a great place to start. Names Jay , im 24 years old and have been drinking since i was 16. When i turned 21 i started to drink almost every single day. Ive tried to quit over what feels like a 1000 times and ill quit for 2 or 3 days and when i start feeling better i go for the bottle again.. then i binge for 3 weeks and try to get sober again and it repeats. this last year i lost my best friend of 18 years from a tragic accident... now when im sober all i can think about is that and i cant stand it. Its getting worse and im starting to feel my body getting sick from all the abuse i give it. I want to quit for good.. not take a break , not only drink on the weekends but forever. It has destroyed friendships ive had , i almost lost my fiance, ive gotten kicked out my house a few times. I just want to be done with it, but i feel like my addiction is too strong at this point... and not only that but drinking is ALL around me at all times. When you go to resteraunts , hangout with friends , go to a football games , commercials .. tv shows. There is drinking everywhere and im constantly reminded..