View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GettingMeBack1

Hi ladies,
I can totally relate to the relationship issues. I think I mentioned earlier that I've been having some real doozies with hubby since tackling my alcohol issues. When I take away the self medicating of my stresses, I realise a lot more what I'm not happy with between us. And yes, relationships go through ups and downs and hopefully we're able to change in ways which bring us back together again and not just further apart. But of course that's not always going to be possible. I hope you find ways to reconnect Dolly.
Sometimes I feel like my husband treats me like a flatmate and not a lover. I am really missing the intimacy we had before we had kids. Both the physical, but also emotional intimacy we had. Sometimes I feel like to him I'm just a piece of furniture that cooks and babysits.
Sarah - I really relate to the frustration of being 'home' all day and having a guy who expects that I do everything because I'm not working. It took me a long time to get my hubby to ackowledge that being home with kids all day IS work - full time. And therefore we should split the 'house' work between us. It never really happened, and now I'm back working full time as well he still expects me to do it, even though many days he works from home and I don't. Of course he would never say he expects it from me, but the reality is if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. Fortunately my counsellor now is an old school feminist! She's helping me to really start setting some boundaries and demand more participation from my husband.
How are you dealing with the isolation? I don't know how you're doing it in Sth Africa, but I know I find it hard living in a country that's not my home, away from my networks etc.
Anyway. I'm also a little down today - feeling unmotivated and crappy and not wanting to (again) do all the cleaning up etc on my day off. Sigh.
Good luck to all of us.