View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
GreenPepper

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
The thing is, if your plan is 4 non-drinking days, followed by 3 drinking days, I am convinced it takes more than 4 days to detox from heavy alcohol use.

Your thinking is still a bit drunk after you stop, you will spend the non-drinking days irritated and anxious. It took 2 weeks before I started to feel a calm. And it's really nice!

Also, on your 3 drinking days, you will probably over-drink to make up for the oncoming 4 days of sobriety. What a roller-coaster.

I had all sorts of plans. I did the same thing but the person I was on my off days was still messed up. I wasn't able to clean up my life properly with that system.

As it stands, it will take maybe 2-3 more months to go through everything in this house.

39k a year? I don't know if you own a house or condo but that would cover a mortgage for a year in most places, then you could have something to show for your hard work.
My plan was not for 3 drinking days, but more to have a plan for the weekend that included perhaps 1-2 cocktails on Friday and Saturday night and then call it quits again. The idea here, is for me to schedule brunch and enough activities for Saturday and Sunday to keep me busy doing sober things.