View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
360shoes

Okay. Day 2 of no cigarettes. I'm going to attack this like I did when I quit drinking.

No matter what I will not light a cigarette and smoke it. It's probably going to suck a little while but I'll survive. Since it doesn't cause as much self loathing as the alcohol did, you will be probably saved from the long long winded venting I did before. However, be prepared.

I'm working on my conviction. I have to find the thing for me and smoking I know to be true. Been a little tough as I haven't had the physical problems so that's not been very motivating to me. I'm starting with I will feel better today. If I live longer, great...bonus but that ain't cutting it. Also going with I won't stink. That's actually more motivating. That and my skin will improve. Whatever it takes.

Staying away from the thought of gaining a few pounds. Temporary problem with easy solution if I do pack on a few. I did read probiotics help with that so off to health food store after work.

Upside. I've felt great last 2 days. My head isn't foggy and I don't have that sick heavy feeling after smoking. Had one hell of a nightmare last night and woke up in a sweat but I'm familiar with those. Lol

Downside sort of. I can smell all the old stinky smoke in my car and purses. Gag.

Back to my skin will sparkle again.

I pull this off I will be living the life I had back when I was in my 30's. No drinking, smoking, picture of health. Maybe you can turn back time. Haha

I'd address you all but I'm being selfish right now. Give me a couple days and I will be back to my normal goofy self.

I have to come up with a plan for when I want to slap someone at work. That's when I usually instead of slapping someone...I go smoke. Suggestions??

xoxo