View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
"I don't have a clue as to who will make it and who won't. I have been wrong so many times I have given up trying to figure it out
This!

I had a woman that is now a very good friend tell me that she thought when I walked in the rooms she said to herself "nope". I did not talk much at the start and I am still not one to speak up all the time.

She told me this because she wanted me to know she was wrong and that you can never ever tell who is going to make it and who doesn't. It also taught me never to do the same to someone else.

She said once I did open my mouth, she could hear that, while I had a ways to go, I got it. I understood the program.

You sponsor is right, we do not have a clue so why do we keep trying to find one?

It is sort of like drinking. I could not control it, so I stopped trying.

We are alike in many ways but there are more ways we are different. I doubt that every single variable that has happened in someone's life before they got to the rooms and with their personality taken into consideration that can predict a yes or a no and on top of that, it is not my job to do so.

My job is to help, if I can, and carry the message, not decide who takes it our how they take it.