View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Duffster

Ken, thank you for sharing that! I've known a lot of your story but never in detail. I too am sorry about Mrs. Budd -- is there a chance she is in recovery now? When I was in social work school many many many years ago they shunned the idea of a counselor specializing in a field they were in recovery for. I disagree. It sounds like your counselor hasn't a real clue about addiction and that's too bad. I think you have a ton of reasons to stay sober: to prove that boob wrong and of course for the beautiful Jezebel

I was arrested for a DUI in DC back in 2000. Worst time as I was in my 3rd year of law school and going through the process of a background check for the feds. I was lucky and the charges were dropped after I took a DUI class. My class wasn't so bad - I actually found it interesting and kind of fun. The teacher was hysterical and there was no judgment in the room -- but it had zero impact on me. I continued to drive drunk.

I'm glad for you that it woke you up and turned your life around. Your way too special to drink it away