View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
desypete

how serious do you think your problem really is ?
only you can make your mind up here as its only you that can either sink or swim

i read many posts from people who have so much in there life and yet there in risk of going to lose it all like i did but can i pass this on to them in a way they can understand ? not really as they dont believe there as bad as that yet

so maybe the answer is keep on drinking until you have nothing left and then you might take it serious
or you could be a wise owl and learn from other peoples mistakes ?

for me i had to understand what the hell was wrong with me
why couldnt i just drink normally ?

they told me in aa that the problem is when i pick up the first drink it would lead to a huge craving inside my body that normal drinkers dont have
so when i take the first drink it sets off that craving that i want more and more and i end up drunk as a skunk with a hell of a hang over the next day wishing i hadnt done that last night
guilt shame and remorse would also follow as i tried to remember just what i did last night

then i would stay off the drink swearing i will never do it again
but over time the dust settles and i think maybe if i tried to drink half pints instead of pints i might not get drunk
maybe if i drank non alcholic drinks i will not get drunk
maybe if i only drank at 9 oclock at night i will not get drunk

i tried everything i could think of to control my drinking but always ended up back in the same old mess again

so if i dont pick up that first drink i can not get drunk as i will not set that craving off

but then i loved what the drink gave me that magic feeling of freedom and happiness i couldnt get that feeling anywere else other than from drinking
so if i didnt drink my life would be boring and dull

so it was not only a physical craving i had for the booze once it was inside of me it was also a mental one for the effect it gave me

booze helped me cope with life i thought when really it was causing my life to be one long misable existance

i know i am an alcoholic and i found aa to help me understand me and what i am but also to give me the tools i need to not ever need to pick up that first drink no matter how bad my head will tell me i have a place to go to free myself from it

but i have to want it more than i want the booze this is why its such a crazy illness to me as we all know who are free from the grips of booze just how you feel to be stuck in that dark place but we have no magic wand that will make it better for you or any easyier
it has to come from you like its had to come from us all at one point in our lives
good luck