View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Marria

I've had some friends staying and it's been really good. As always I go into overdrive getting ready with cleaning, tidying, grocery shopping etc. and mostly at the last minute just to increase the stress! It was very enjoyable while they were here with lots of conversation, day-trips, sharing meals etc. And now while it's good to get back to normal I miss them too especially as my life has gone back to its quiet routine. I guess it reminds me that I need that balance between me time and social interaction..... Time to get out more!

RAL I know what you mean about the effort involved in getting out and then enjoying it once you're out and about. I like your combination of lazy days and activity.... Your pajama day sounded perfect!

Taz I hope your bad dreams have subsided and you're doing well.

Alice, how are you now? Did you get the space you needed? I hope your emotions have evened out and you're feeling less tense... I can be a bit haphazard with my diet too and I think it definitely affects mood!

Dee best wishes with your new flat, a stepping stone towards what you're aiming for.

Courage, are you more rested now after managing those crises? I loved what you said about hiring people who are motivated and enthusiastic about enjoying their work. That's how I would like to be because it makes the working day much more interesting and enjoyable.

Tam best of luck with the face to face interview. Keep telling yourself that you are good enough, competent, capable, intelligent, hard- working etc. I have a very loud 'not good enough' voice when it comes to interviews!! As you said you have a different attitude now that you don't drink, so tap into the strength you have found in sobriety...

Hi to everyone else in December have a good weekend x

My plans are to spend today with my sister and then a meal with friends this evening. My kids are enjoying summer a lot and that makes me relax too. I envy the busy 'fun- schedule' they enjoy compared to my far more sedate life but I also see the freedom which is opening up for me as they get older and more independent. That scares me too, freedom, aargh!