View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PunchDrunk

He killed her last night.

My therapist is an amazing person. My AH had been seeing her for two and a half years for marital issues, including his drinking. She is warm, open, sympathetic, empathetic, engaging, and could finish my sentences and see straight into our souls. Truly a shining light in a dark world. Her name should have been Hope.

AH and I also saw her separately. She could take our separate issues, help resolve them, and explain them to the other spouse so marital issues would resolve. My AH and I fell in love with her. She adored Joan Jett, too, which was really cool.

About a year ago she encouraged me to go to Al-Anon. It took me six months to work up to it but I went and it changed me for the better. She was right.

Well, my marriage didn't work out due to the alcohol. Two months ago we made the split. I continued to see my therapist, who helped me work through my co-dependent denial and see what had slowly been unravelling. She helped identify the broken pieces and we started figuring out what went where and why they were broken. She taught me how to change.

Through tidbits here and there I pieced together that her husband had alcohol issues, but to what level I didn't know, nor was I going to pry.

Last night her husband was drunk and tried to drive. She tried to stop him. He killed her in their driveway.

It hurts in ways I never knew possible. I don't know if it was an accident or intentional, but my (now completely shattered) heart believes it was murder. You get behind the wheel while drunk, you are a weapon for murder. And that's what he did.