View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

He is an addict, isn’t he. It tends to be that simple.

Is drinking a problem, well does it matter, really? The fact that he is drinking with a known drug problem isn’t healthy and can be a real dangerous road to walk.

Somewhere I have this feeling that denial is running the show.

I don’t find sub to be a band aid, but I also don’t find it healthy to drink while using it. Contraindication whatever number … do not use alcohol while taking suboxone.

The crappy upbringing …
Well see in recovery you tend to learn that when you become an adult you have to accept the past, heal from it and move on. It isn’t healthy at all to sit in that madness. After a while as an adult you have to accept that your past is over now … that you are not tied to your parents and an adult in you own right and very much in control of what you need from this life, of setting boundaries and of not allowing toxic people to run you.

Progress is change …

Using is not change, using it a crutch in most cases. Hell sometimes it is all you tend to know. And that can be very scary because you have to find the courage to change something that is so imbedded within you.

Progress is where you are more self aware, where you work on the things that haunt, where your thinking changes, where you catch behaviors that are unhealthy within you and do something about it. Progress is doing … progress doesn't contain excuses. Progress while painful slow for some, it always just doing not talking about or planning about …

Progress is being open to any help possible. Progress is seeking out new ways to be healthy all the way around.

Is what he did progress, by putting it in the open …

Well not hiding things is way better than hiding but you knew he was drinking, so not sure what if anything is different.

And no offense you can’t tell him what to do at all. He is the only one that controls his life. His choices no matter how you assign them can and will be a learning experience. What you do have control over is the quality of your own life. Make it the best possible cause you only get one ride.