View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lillie22

First post - help with walking away

I am new to this whole forum thing and am At the point where I will look anywhere for help.
My partner has been sober off and on for quite some time. When he relapses it is no longer a social thing. He will drink to the point of passing out which usually leads to him wetting himself.
I recently (6 months ago) gave birth to our first child. My partner promised to stay sober since his birth and had been up until recently.
He was doing it on his own and not going to meetins.
I recently suspected he was drinking and it progressed over a 3 day period.
It came to a point where I felt I was in danger with my son and decided to call the police. He has since been removed from the home , Cannot contact me or see our son unsupervised for the time being.
I know I made the best decision as he has yet to lose anything ( still kept his job, home, me etc) up until now. He has been out of the house for 4 days. I found out today his grandmother passed away and I took his call as I felt sad for him. He sounds drunk to the point of slurring, crying a lot about screwing things up and having a pity party
I am worried that he will end up drinking so heavily he won't wake up and I so badly want to help him.
I keep trying to tell myself that I should just cut off communicating until he has detoxed and gotten better but I am still so worried
I need to hear that in making the right choice.