View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
jdooner

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
But I'm learning to be at home with being quieter and more restrained. Is that serenity? I think maybe it is. I hope life holds some joy for me again. But for now peace is enough.
Do you see how the above from an earlier post today and below from your last post contradict one another?

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Like calming down is somehow not really living. Or that I'm being resistant to change. This calming down is what my doctor wanted for me, I do know that.
Speed is relative as is time. But yes, my highs were very high and so were my lows. None were sustainable and when I stopped life felt boring. I had to grow into this new skin and it takes time. I believe this is precisely why many relapse they feel bored and fall for the delusion, the insanity that drinking will bring the euphoria back when it only brings back pain.

Dancing with your husband sounds great. Perhaps its a high in the form of dopamine release or activation of the opioid receptors but its healthy whatever it is.

Listen to the signs. I believe its when you need them the most. I believe the power of the universe is helping you realize what you need is inside you already.

The more I began noticing the small things the more often I realized these synchronicites were occurring. As if moving the antenna on the old UGH TV I was tuning into something quite new and powerful. I now see them all around everywhere daily.

This is a great link on spirituality: http://awareness.tk