View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AudreyH

New here and could use some advice

Hi everyone, I could really use some advice on some helpful ways to handle stress without turning to white wine. I have a very dysfunctional relationship with my mother, its quite toxic. I actually moved to be further away from her in hopes it will help but she still manages to cause me pain over the phone.

I started having a bad relationship with wine when I left my husband and filed for divorce, I didn't have any family support and it was rough for myself and I had my daughter to care for. That's been 6 years now, and since then Ive met someone wonderful who I love with all my heart, really great guy and weve had 2 more babies, so we have three altogether now. But since the first marriage, Its been a slippery slope from there with alcohol. I just managed to go 13 days without any, then after a bad phone call from her yesterday and some tears I went out and bought wine.

I know I need to find healthier ways to deal with this, is there any advice out there. I want to quit drinking altogether, I know I cant moderate. That ship has sailed for me years ago. I cant just have 1 drink anymore. I don't want to drink at all anymore and Im trying to not to turn to AL at all anymore. I need help and support.