View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hereandnow2

Help me understand my husband

I'm an alcoholic and am only 51 days sober. He nor did anyone in my life know I had a problem. I confessed to him that I had been hiding how much I drank and had made some poor choices by drinking. I know that I have to repair our relationship because of trust issues. So, I am attending aa and really trying to do everything by the book. I only go to 3-4 meetings a week bc of watching our boys, babysitting issues, ect. I didn't go to a meeting for over a week and went to one yesterday, then went to grocery shopping and school supply shopping while my mom and husband were with boys. I told him I wanted to go to a meeting on sat. With my sponsor and we were meeting prior also to go over some of my step work. His reply is "why do all your meetings last four hours?" I told him this didn't make me feel supported and he said I am supporting you and left for work. I later explained why I was gone so long and he was unresponsive. He's not feeling well so I'm going to try to talk about this more with him tomorrow. He has been amazing, didn't shame me for my mistakes, but doesn't seem to understand the commitment I have to put in for my sobriety. He does not want to attend all-anon. I can't do it without going to meetings. Sorry for the long post, kinda venting..