View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Had to meet with a lawyer today...

I am living and working abroad, and also renting a house: thus I needed to get some kind of legal permission to do all these things. This means I needed to visit the "abogado" here in town today. I went this morning with nothing in my hands but my ID and a vague meeting address ("the yellow building across from the church"). Foreign country, foreign language, I went by myself...and all went great! I also managed to get in a full day's work as well.

Not in a million years could I have managed to accomplish this task while drinking. As an active alcoholic, I could barely manage to leave the house to take out the trash. People often say "sobriety is its own reward", and I think this is what they're talking about. Thanks everyone for the support, it's great to be a member of the SR community and be able to share victories large and small! Whether it's Day 1 or Day 1001, I hope you all can set your own goals, make your own changes, and stay patient. Good things really do happen when you forge ahead on a new path and put sobriety first.