Thread: Day 17...?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marcus

Originally Posted by TiredEnough View Post
Originally Posted by TiredEnough View Post
That's normal. Push on to 30 days and then assess how you feel.

Is it? That makes me feel a little better.
It is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NORMAL!! Why do you think long term recovery is so hard to obtain for so many people? All it takes is a moment of weakness to p*ss it all away. Yes some people might be able to use once and get back on track, but very rare. Once you get the ball rolling and forward momentum heading downhill you are usually going to do just that - GO DOWNHILL! It might not be instantly or within a day or a week, but waking up the beast is never a good idea. I have over 2 years clean today and it took me 8+ years to get here because so many days I had like yours where I took the easy way out. Well I thought it was the easy way. Convinced myself I was going to use anyway so just get it over with. Said I DESERVED IT! I would use just this once and then hop back on the bike! WRONG!! Just once is a pipe dream for so many of us addicts. It just does not exist and until I was thoroughly convinced of this fact I was doomed to repeat the past. Thank GOD I finally woke up. I don't miss it one BIT!

HANG ON AND STAY STRONG!!!