View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Good for you, NC can be a difficult but beneficial boundary to keep. It sounds like you really understand why it works & are using it to heal in your own recovery. Keep trusting those gut instincts.

You know, after years of BS & disrespect when my RAH talked recovery talk & walked recovery walk for a couple of months he would still get frustrated with me not just "accepting" that he'd changed & MEANT it this time. So I pointed out it had only been a couple of months & asked him what a "couple-months of trust" was SUPPOSED to look like following years of poor treatment & blatant disrespect? (He obviously had no answer) A couple of days is barely enough time to figure out how to begin the process of recovery/healing - for both of you.

I agree with asking the rest of the family to stop the updates too - otherwise it's not NC, it's indirect contact. Same as if you stalked her FB page or something similar. Just my $.02.

I have to lol every time I see your username - I'll bet I love going to see our local hockey team play for the same reasons you love to play.... real, raw energy unleashed. We go a lot during the season!