View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by TheThrowaway View Post
Been down this road my entire life, actually - anxiety has always been my main reason for both overeating as a kid and overdrinking as a young adult. The further you dig down the internet, the more **** you can find to support whatever paranoia you have - it sucks. For example, I read the other day about an ultrasound missing one lady's cirrhosis - one. Not two and a boatload of bloodwork as well, just one. And so now, floating around my head is 'maybe they missed something' over and over and over again.

There is a part of me who definitely knows I am overworrying - but I just cannot help it.

Early sobriety has been a pain in the ass. But I will remember all of this fear and realize that it stems from drinking poison.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

If you're not already doing so, then you might consider getting professional help. Worrying yourself into a coffin is no way to live. Or die.

I imagine, also, that worrying has played a major part in your drinking. Unless you'd rather continue doing this for the rest of your life, it's time to get help.