Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kkallday21

Hey Newbie
Welcome! You already took a step in the right direction and posted... You did this for you.. From my past experience with relationships, one of which I recently just ended almost 2 weeks ago, I'm going to tell you that as long as you stay on the hamster wheel, it's gonna keep spinning and you will remain going in circles until you decide to jump off... Alanon is wonderful program that saved my life, gave me strength and aided my recovery... I highly suggest going.. I also have a young son and he is one of the main reasons I have gotten off the wheel of insanity.. I do not want to be going through this with my son one day, because I made a bad choice and stayed in an unhealthy environment.. The truth is you don't have control over what he does, but you do have control over yourself... It's up to you to take a stand and get your life back on track -for you and your children.. You cannot save this guy.. I've tried and many other will tell you the same.. It will make you lose everything inside and become mentally exhausted and have nothing left.. I'm not saying it's easy, because I struggle a lot with letting go, but it's what I have to do if I want a better life.. Nothing changes if nothing changes... ((((hugs))) I feel your pain and hope you keep doing the next right thing for yourself.. One day at a time..