Thread: Tapering?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Serper2014

Quick question? How long have you been doing the 1/5th over the course of 24 hours? I only ask because I was near those levels when I finally went to the hosp for treatment. Surprisingly the doctors were all really nice (there was 4 of them and a social worker. ( I did go to the ER to be fair). When I went and I told them how much I had been drinking, I put my head down, but moments later it felt really good to get it of my chest. Everyone was so nice to me. I was honest about my drinking and I thought they were going to keep me in the hospital for monitoring. Nope. I wasn't even close to needing and inpatient detox. If I lived in a rural area I imagine they would do inpatient for you, but in a big city they a little bit better trained to know what really constitutes the need for a hospital bed. Typing this out is giving me chills. I can't believe that actually happened to me....I can't believe I was consuming that much daily. You will get through this, have you decided on your taper schedule/ benzo schedule yet?